April 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to give we read-a-holic bloggers some real estate to devote to books we're pining away for.

By:  Deborah Harkness
Due out:  July 10, 2012

I read A Discovery of Witches in November and loved the complex story that Harkness wove in it. It was a pretty long book, but there was lots to tell. When Diana and Matthew team up to find an ancient text, they also fall in love. These star-crossed lovers, though, are not supposed to be together - Diana is a witch and Matthew is a vampire. From my review that I wrote in November:

"I almost gave this book 5 stars. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that the author was sometimes so descriptive that I felt the need to skim. I'm a smart person and I was hopelessly lost in some places. Other than that, A Discovery of Witches was absolutely wonderful. It was romantic, suspenseful, sad, funny." I truly do look forward to reading the follow-up. 

No comments: