April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to give we read-a-holic bloggers some real estate to devote to books we're pining away for.

I admit it - I too am part of the Divergent Nation. I read Divergent at the end of 2011 and was blown away. I related to Tris so much and envied her even more. Here was a girl who was as I am - meek, quiet, subservient, and yearning to bust out and be MORE. And she did. Boy, did she ever.

The follow up to Divergent, Insurgent, is due out May 1. Check out this amazing cover, emblazoned with the Amity faction's symbol:


There has been an incredible amount of buzz surrounding the release of Insurgent. Fifty very lucky bloggers received ARCs recently in exchange for heading up and promoting one of the five factions from the Divergent series. As a marketing and PR professional, I have to say, the campaign is brilliant. I was already excited to read Insurgent. Now, I'm positively foaming at the mouth and looking for any Insurgent ARC giveaways that are out there and entering them six ways from Sunday.

I'll even jump on the bandwagon and declare myself officially a member of TEAM AMITY! Although, it would be so cool to be the badass Dauntless chick, I know in my heart of hearts that I'm a lover, not a fighter. So, if you have a chance, head over to Team Amity's faction leader, The Divergent Lexicon, and find out more about the most awesome faction of them all. Go Team AMITY!

No comments: