June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to give we read-a-holic bloggers some real estate to devote to books we're pining away for.

I have to make a confession. I'm not much of a high fantasy fan. I've tried a few, and not been able to finish them. Even very popular fantasy books among my fellow book review bloggers, like Graceling, didn't really shiver my timbers, you know? Well, a year ago, I read The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima, and I really loved the series. I also fell a bit in love with the author herself, and sought out other works by her. It was then that I discovered The Seven Realms series.

The Crimson Crown (The Seven Realms #4)
By:  Cinda Williams Chima
Due Out:  October 23, 2012

This series REALLY has got it all - a reluctant princess, forbidden love, good vs. evil, magic, political intrigue, assassination plots - and I cannot wait to see how it all ends. This is the last book in the series, and the action and suspense has ramped up through the first three books so that it's at a fevered pitch now. How mean of Ms. Williams Chima to leave us all hanging like that - for A YEAR! I can't wait to get my happy ending - it can't come soon enough.

No comments: