Hi there!. I'm a huge romantic at heart. I love my romance books and I NEED my HEAs. Today's top 14 list is all about those couples that just had that special spark that makes them great. Don't forget to link up your own post and then enter the giveaway I'm offering for one of any of the books on my lists. Remember to visit my co-hosts' blogs, Kim from Kimberlyfaye Reads and Jessica from A Midsummer Night's Read, to enter their giveaways too!
Tall, Tatted and Tempting by Tammy Faulkner - I loved everything about this couple. Emily was tough and tender-hearted in all the best ways. She was made better by Logan, and he gave her the courage to do the hardest things.
2. Wrath and Beth from The King by J.R. Ward - Thank you JR Ward for making the original couple the focus of another Black Dagger Brotherhood book. And, thank you for making Wrath flawed in the face of danger, because it made Beth shine so much more. Their love for each other is truly epic.
3. Ford and Ashleigh from Taut by J.A. Huss - I love when unflappable men are brought to their knees by one woman. That happened to Ford. This antisocial, jilted, complicated man found himself changing of his own volition upon the influence of Ashleigh and her baby girl.
4. Cat and Bones from Up From The Grave by Jeaniene Frost - I think this couple is one of my most favorite of all time. Cat started out hating Bones. He ended up becoming her epic love. They have each put their own lives in danger to save the other countless times. I'm so sad this series is over now.
5. Ethan and Merit from Wild Things by Chloe Neill - This is another couple that had a really rocky beginning. But, although they've had their stops and starts... and stops and starts... they seem to have finally figured out what makes a relationship work.
Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins - Kai risked his own life for Anna and for their cause. And, when it came time for him to do what needed to be done, he did it. For her. And, for himself too.
7. Daemon and Katy from Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Daemon and Katy's relationship is the stuff of legends. Everything they do, is done with the other in mind. It's hard to believe Daemon turned into the romantic guy he is at the end of their story, but Kat brought it out in him. You think he was hot when he was being a douchebag? Romantic and protective Daemon - well, there's no one else like him.
8. Cole and Ali from The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter - Cole backed up Ali when everyone else doubted her. He nearly destroyed his chance at happiness just to protect her. And, he moved heaven and earth to save her.
9. Terrible and Chess from Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane - This is probably the most imperfect couple on the list, which makes them the most real to me. Terrible and Chess have weathered some pretty awful times together, and they haven't always been nice and kind to one another. But, when it REALLY matters, they are always there for each other. And that's love.
10. Adrian and Sydney from Silver Sadows by Richelle Mead - Adrian's been breaking my heart for years. It's awesome to see him finally happy with his perfect match now. Their story isn't done just yet, but I'm sure that Sydney will continue bringing out the best in him.
Deluge by Lisa Tawn Bergren - Luca and Lia have always been on the periphery, giving up the spotlight to Marcello and Gabbi. But, in Deluge, we finally got their story, and it was definitely one for the ages.
12. Silas and Dylan from All Broke Down by Cora Carmack - I've read three Cora Carmack books this year, and picking one of the three couples from them was HARD. Silas and Dylan ended up with the spot here mostly because I loved watching Dylan change Silas' heart. He felt unloved and unwanted, and Dylan showed him just how important and needed he was.
13. Ansel and Mia from Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren - After waking up after a night of drunken debauchery to find themselves married, Mia and Ansel do the unexpected and decide to stick it out. So they do things in the wrong order and get to know each other after the wedding. Their relationship is sweet and sexy and unexpected.
14. Alex and Samantha from Suddenly Royal by Nicole Chase - Sam made the hard choice to move to another country and assume her royal title when it's all dropped in her lap. Alex made the journey a lot less scary. They made a great team, and those are always the best kinds of couples.
I have to tell you. It was SO HARD narrowing this list down to just 14. There were so many great couples that I could've put here. But, there you have it! I want to see your list now, too. Link it up below. And here's the list for the topics the rest of this week.