Hi! Today's top 14 list is all about the characters in the stories we read that left a big impression on us. Maybe it's a new book boyfriend to add to your growing list. Or maybe it's a kick-ass heroine that you want to be like. Let's see them! Don't forget to link up your own post and then enter the giveaway I'm offering for one of any of the books on my lists. Remember to visit my co-hosts' blogs, Kim from Kimberlyfaye Reads and Jessica from A Midsummer Night's Read, to enter their giveaways too!
Top 14 Characters
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Scarlet is on a mission to find her grandmother, and nothing will get in her way. Even falling in love with a scary wolf-like man along the way. This girl is amazing. She's brave and has a huge heart. And, her relationship with Wolf is completely endearing.
2. Ford from Taut by J.A. Huss - Ford had a lot to overcome. He has Asberger's. He's anti-social. He treats women like trash. And, yet, when he meets a despondent woman and her three-month-old daughter, they awaken something in him. He realizes that he doesn't have to completely change who he is if he finds someone who accepts him.
3. Tella from Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott - This high-maintenance girl impressed the hell out of me when she took an incredible chance and faced the unknown in order to save her brother from a life-threatening illness.
4. Terrible from Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane - Terrible is uneducated and works as a thug for the local drug dealer. But, believe it or not, his strength of character is unmatched, as is the depth of his feelings for Chess.
5. Ridge from Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - Ridge tried so hard to do the right thing and remain friends with Sydney. He tried So. Hard. But, he had surrounded himself with people who loved him and knew what was best for him - his music and Sydney.
6. Wrath from The King by J.R. Ward - Wrath has been one of my favorite Brothers since the first book in the series. By book 12, that hasn't changed. In fact, the depth of his devotion to his wife, his Brothers and his kingdom make him even more impressive to me. And, now he's a daddy. Icing on the cake.
7. Ali from Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter - In the face of everything Ali lost, she should've crumbled. But, she found an inner strength she didn't know she had and an epic love in Cole that she never expected.
8. Maxon from The One by Kiera Cass - Maxon knew who he wanted from day one. But, he played the game to make his father happy and because he's a fair guy. And, even after America broke his heart again and again, he still wanted her. But, he wasn't a doormat, so like any smart man, he had a contingency plan. He just didn't want to use it.
The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Oh my Gods. Seth was the guys I wasn't sure if I was supposed to love or hate in The Covenant series. After reading the first book in the spin-off Titan series, I'm sure of it. I love him.
10. Sydney from Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead - Sydney has come SO FAR. I honestly couldn't stand her in the Vampire Academy series. Her bigotry and entitlement irked me to no end .When I see who she has become by the time Silver Shadows, I am beyond impressed. She deserves happiness so much, and I think her HEA will be particularly satisfying.
11. Wilder from Inspire by Cora Carmack - Wilder is a special kind of guy. He takes care of his own. And, when he meets Kalli, he makes her his own just like that. Even after she sends him mixed signals, leaves, and then hits him with a bomb so big, it's completely unbelievable, he sticks by her and loves and supports her.
12. Vaughn from Follow by J.A. Huss - I had a few problems with Vaughn early in his and Grace's story. But, as events unfolded and Grace's past comes back to haunt her, Vaughn changes. Grace changes him, and he goes along for the ride. He may be rich and famous, but Grace teaches him that none of it matters without love.
13. Jax from Stay With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Jax proves that real beauty is found within and strength is something earned. He makes it his personal mission to help Calla live like she never has before, and he is determined to protect her while she does it.
14. Ansel from Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren - Ansel is the perfect blend of goofy, sensitive and sexy. It amazed me how he blended all those characteristics so perfectly. He made me laugh and swoon in equal measures. Oh, and he's French. So... there's that too.
So, there you have it! I want to see your list now, too. Link it up below. And here's the list for the topics the rest of this week.
a Rafflecopter giveaway