Hey! I hope you all had a great Christmas. Mine was crazy and busy and awesome. And, now we have to find homes for all our new toys. LOL. If you're ready for a break from the madness, check out today's Top 14 list! Don't forget to link up your own post and then enter the giveaway I'm offering for one of any of the books on my lists. Remember to visit my co-hosts' blogs, Kim from Kimberlyfaye Reads and Jessica from A Midsummer Night's Read, to enter their giveaways too!
Top 14 Moments or Quotes
Maybe Someday when he laid his head down on her chest and listened to her sing one of his songs. After that, I was done - completely lost and drowning in how amazing he was.
2. The creation of "Sydrian" - I couldn't wait to get my hands on Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead, and after Adrian and Sydney did what they did at the end, I didn't want it to end.
3. When Daemon wasn't himself - Did anyone else FREAK THE HELL OUT when Daemon didn't seem to care about Katy in the beginning of Opposition? Yeah. Me too.
4. From The One by Kiera Cass - "Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway." - Maxon
5. Madox reveals his secrets - I already knew that Victoria Scott's Fire & Flood was good before that moment in the meadow when Tella, Guy and their friends were attacked. When Madox revealed his special ability, I knew it was completely unputdownable.
6. Ethan's reaction to the prophecy - After dancing around the "green-eyed baby" prophecy for six books, Merit finally tells Ethan about it in Wild Things, Chloe Neill's ninth Chicagoland Vampires novel. His reaction was priceless. And totally swoony.
7. When Layla goes all badass - After believing the whole way through White Hot Kiss believing that Layla was a dud when it came to shifting, she goes and blows everyone away at the end - including me. Well done, Jennifer Armentrout.
8. From The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter - "Gavin has started calling you the queen of zombie hearts. And, you know what? He's right. It fits. Before you, I wasn't really living. I was existing. Moving from girl to girl. Killing zombies. I was as good as dead, but you brought me back to life. And you are most definitely the queen of my heart." - Cole
9. When The Commander finally gets what's coming to him - I spent three books despising The Commander. You knew all his actions had to eventually catch up to him, and when they did at the end of Deliverance by C.J. Redwine, I smiled.
10. The deaths in Deluge - I was really, really hoping that Lisa Tawn Bergren wouldn't make us suffer through any of the beloved characters from her River of Time series succumbing to the black plague or war. But, that wouldn't be realistic, I guess. So, instead, I cried big, fat, ugly tears every time someone I loved was offed.
11. The jaw-dropping ending of Inspire - Obviously I can't tell you what happened at the end of Cora Carmack's new adult paranormal book that made me flip out. Suffice to say, I still haven't let it go. It's been WEEKS, people. Epic. Book. Hangover.
Profile by J.A. Huss - "I am in love. I love this girl. I'm going to marry her again and get her pregnant and spend the rest of my life bossing her ass around and pissing her off. She likes it." - Vaughn
13. No Easy Days - There's a hundred romantic moments between Carson and Dallas in Cora Carmack's All Lined Up that are definitely memorable. But, when Carson is finally able to step up and be the leader his team and Coach Cole need him to be, that really stuck with me.
14. Sam finally gives in - Sam and Alex's sexual tension in Suddenly Royal had reached epic heights by the time he showed up at her house in the middle of the night to say goodbye before his trip. I'm not ashamed to say that I listened to what happened next... oh, four? Maybe five times. It's the only one of my audiobooks to which I added a bookmark. :)
There you have it! I want to see your list now, too. Link it up below. And here's the list for the topics the rest of this week.