|Maria V. Snyder and Jennifer L. Armentrout at YA Fest|
2. PAYA 2012 - Less than a month after YA Fest, Jen and I attended another multi-author event. I got my tote bag and books signed by the likes of Wendy Higgins, Jessica Spotswood and Jeri Smith-Ready.
3. The creation of this blog - On January 2, 2012 I wrote my first post on this blog. I initially started it as a way to challenge myself and to get all my thoughts out of my head about the books I was reading. It's grown into so much more than that.
5. Joining Goodreads - I joined Goodreads in December 2011, but didn't get involved with an amazing group of ladies who share my love of paranormal romance and urban fantasy books until March 2012. Now I consider them some of my very best friends even though I've only met one of them in person.
6. Scholastic book order day - I remember that the days when I would come into elementary school and there would be stacks of brand new shiny books lined up on the tables along the back wall, well, those were the best school days of the year.
7. Reading Nancy Drew by flashlight - When I was around 10, I found a box of books in our attic that had belonged to my mom when she was young. Most of the books were original Nancy Drews. I ended up reading every one of them, even though some scared me a little. I would read in bed until my mom came to tell me to turn out my light, and then I'd read a little more with a flashlight. Awesome thing is, my mom still has those books, and some day soon, they will go to my daughter.
|Me reading to my 8-month-old daughter|
9. Signing up to go to BEA - In December 2012, I clicked the button that signed me up for my first trip to BEA. I am so excited to go and meet authors and other bloggers! I think that when I get there I will likely do a little fangirling (which I DON'T normally do), and maybe a little squealing. I can't wait!