June 11, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

 Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Best Beach Reads

For this week's Top Ten Tuesday, we've been asked to list our top ten beach reads. I'm choosing to define that as the books I would choose to read, should I have nothing but two weeks or so to sit on a beach, drink margaritas and read. Since the sun will be shining, the booze will be flowing and the waiters will all be hot and shirtless (What? It's MY dream!), I want to stay in a happy mood. So, these books are all books that make me happy for one reason or another.

1. Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #3), by Chloe Neill - This is my favorite book in one of my favorite series. Besides the fact that Ethan and Merit have a moment, the book is full of hot shifters - bonus!

2. Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1), by Jeaniene Frost - This is the book that started it all for Cat and Bones. And for me, too. I love this series, and although I love all the books, the first one is the best. From Cat's first VERY memorable line to Bones to the incredible end, this book is pure magic.

3. Obsidian (Lux #1), by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Daemon is snark and hot
sexy goodness rolled into one, and although I love he and Katy together, he was so fun and interesting when he kind of hated her.

4. The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3), by Richelle Mead - I spent the first two books in the Bloodlines series trying desperately to like Sydney. In The Indigo Spell, I succeeded.

5. The Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6), by Richelle Mead - This is a big, intense book. But, Rose was at her best in it, and the ending is just amazing. An amazing ending to an amazing series.

6. The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1), by Julie Kagawa - The first book I ever read by Julie Kagawa started a teeny obsession with her. I'll read anything she writes, and it all started with a fairy tale.

7. Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1), by E. L. James - Do I really need to explain why this book makes me happy??

8. Twisted Perfection (Perfection #1), by Abbi Glines - Woods is, like, the perfect boyfriend. He has a serious hero complex, and I love that about him.

9. Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood #3), by J. R. Ward - I know lots of bad stuff happened to Zsadist. It's a very dark and deep book. But, Z's reawakening at the hands and attention of Bella is utterly amazing. And the ending is one of the best book endings ever.

10. Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack #2), by Suzanne Wright - This was such a fun book. The werewolves and the pack mentality are really cool, and the love story is so sweet and hot. There is so much to love about this series.

17 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

These are excellent suggestions for summer reading! Thanks.

Here's my list of Best Beach Reads!

Unknown said...

Great list! Love the Iron Fey series;)

My TTT:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

Ula said...

Lovely list! I included Mead's series as well. I should really start on Armentrout's books...

My TTT

Once Upon a Twilight said...

Interesting list, not many books if any at all with a beach in it. but that being said you have some great books listed!!

BTW you must read The Vincent Brothers ASAP, SO GOOOOOD!

Unknown said...

Great list Krista! I love Obsidian, even though Daemon had to grow on me, and I agree with Kagawa- anything she writes I'll automatically read. I need to get my hands on Twisted Perfection still!

Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

tsukikomew said...

This list is like my own personal To-Read list. I need to get to the Vampire Academy series, Chicagoland series, Iron Fey series, and finish the night huntress and BDB series. Awesome list!

Tsuki’s TTT

Rachel said...

I haven't read any of these, but I want to read the Iron Fey books. Thanks for stopping by!

Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

Anna said...

Good choices! I still need to read Wicked Cravings.

Lauren @ Love is not a triangle said...

Wow, you list some excellent series in general up there! Many I've read and loved: Iron Fey, Lux, Vampire Academy, Bloodlines, Night Huntress, BDB. I think you put most of my favorite of the series too. Thanks for visiting me too.

The Reading Date said...

Obsidian would make a great beach read! And you can't go wrong with Richelle Mead - I loved Indigo Spell. Sydrian <3

I like that you included some great UF picks too. I miss Cat & Bones- I should catch up with them sometime!

Happy summer reading and have a margarita for me. Cheers!

Unknown said...

Twice Bitten was my favorite installment of that series! Fabulous picks, so many I need to check out still. :) Thanks for sharing and stopping by!
Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

Marybeth said...

First one who has Julie Kagawa! I don't know why I didn't think of that one either, but she is very awesome !

Thank you for stopping by!

kimberlybuggie said...

I have heard all good things about Iron King series and Obsidian.
Now I need to read them all because I feel left out. :)

My TTT

Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

I adore the Iron Fey series (*Ash*), and I recently read Obsidian and I LOVE it too!
I've heard wonderful things about the Chicagoland series, I'll have to try it one of these days :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

Love your list! I like how there's a mix of genres :)
Thanks for stopping by my Top 10 Tuesday Post this week :)
-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

~Sara @ Just Another Story said...

I considered adding the BDB books to my list. Perfect beach reads. I don't know why I didn't.

Great list!

Debra Hawkins said...

Oh! I loved Last Sacrifice and Indigo Spell. I am really excited for Fiery Heart!