January 24, 2013

REVIEW: Opal (Lux #3)

Opal (Lux #3), by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published December 11, 2012
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
Format:  Paperback - own
Genre:  YA Paranormal Romance

Rating:  5 STARS

(From Goodreads) No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.


Together we’re stronger... and they know it.

*fangirl happy dance* I loooooved this book! It's no secret that I love Jennifer L. Armentrout's books. Both her Lux and Covenant series are two of my all-time favorites. So, loving Opal really wasn't a surprise. How MUCH I loved it, was. This was the best Lux book yet. 

The dynamics of the group have completely changed, after the events of Onyx. The characters who were "good guys" are not so good anymore. Some of the "bad guys" don't seem so bad anymore, comparatively speaking. I love that things have been shaken up so much. It keeps the book from being too predictable. 

Daemon's and Katy's relationship has been very up and down until now. So, while I do appreciate a lot of the surprises in Opal, their relationship is one thing that remains constant, and thank heaven for that! It's about time. So far we've seen Crazy Daemon, Cranky Daemon, Angry Daemon, Playful Daemon. But, we haven't seen much of Lover Daemon and Sweet Daemon. Altogether, these Daemons make up one near perfect book boyfriend. I loved seeing him in action. 

The addition of Dawson to our cast of characters was awesome! He's not the same Luxen he once was, and he has tunnel vision when it comes to his girlfriend Beth. He seems like the perfect guy to be BFFs with. I could see he and Katy getting there some day. 

Opal was an incredible book. It has heart and joy and sorrow and despair. And that ending - OMG, that ending. Origin (Lux #4) can't come soon enough.


No comments: