November 13, 2012

Book #122 - Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2)


Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2), Patricia Briggs
urban fantasy
286 pages
Started 11/4/12
Finished 11/6/12
4 STARS

I've reached the end of my Patricia Briggs book collection with Hunting Ground. There is one more to go in the Alpha & Omega series that I'll most likely borrow from the library. And then that's it until March 2013! I think I may go through withdraw.

Anna and Charles have been married for just a short while when Bran sends them on a trip to an out-of-state summit meeting with the werewolf leaders from Europe. It's a trip that should bring them closer together, and while sometimes it seems to have done just that, the stress of being away from home, being around hostile alpha males and being afraid for their lives makes them question everything.

The best part about this book is that insta-love hasn't proven to be, well, instantaneous. I know - that sounds confusing. See, in Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega #1), Anna and Charles' wolves fell instantly in love. By the end of the book, their human selves were along for the ride. Although there's no doubt that they love each other, they don't know each other. Anna is insecure and Charles is in uncharted territory. I love that despite their love, it's not all rainbows and puppies for them.

The mystery is interesting. There were a few characters who were not what they turned out to be. I love surprises like that. Not much surprises me anymore in books.

I enjoyed Hunting Ground. It was heavy and a little dark and sad at times. But, I enjoyed it. I definitely recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked to know about the not-insta-instalove - and this cover has such a gorgeous wolf - I S2 these animals so much <333

Ana Death Duarte @anaeileendeath

Jennifer said...

I love the Mercy Thompson series. And since it's so long between books I"ve also read this series. Not as book but still enjoyable!