2. Off the Record, by K.A. Linde - Liz is first a reporter for the student newspaper at her college, and then later the editor.
3. Some Girls Bite, by Chloe Neill - Before she becomes one of the illustrious undead, Merit was earning her masters degree in literature.
4. Wallbanger, by Alice Clayton - Although he doesn't write for a magazine, Simon does take pictures for them.
6. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs, Molly Harper - Before she got canned (and subsequently turned), Jane Jameson was a librarian. Later, she becomes a bookstore owner.
7. Obsidian, by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Katy is my soul sister - she's a reader and a blogger.
9. The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things, by Ann Aguirre - Sage does some of the best kind of writing - she writes notes of positive affirmation on Post-its and gives them to people who really need it.
10. Connected, by Kim Karr - Dahlia and her best friend work for a magazine and Dahlia's fiance is an investigative reporter.