January 1, 2015

2014: A Year of Books in Review


Happy New Year!

It's the first day of a new year, which means it's time to wipe the slate clean and start all new lists, countdowns and bookish resolutions. Tomorrow is actually my 3rd Blogoversary, so I'll be back with more on those subjects later.

Today, I wanted to look back at 2014 as a whole. It's pretty easy to do, thanks to Goodreads.


219 - Total books read in 2014

74 - 5-star books

111 - 4-star books

29 - 3-star books

3 - 2-star books

2 - DNF

When you read over 200 books in one year, you're bound to discover lots of new-to-you authors. And I did! But, I also seemed to keep revisiting some of my favorites over and over and over again.

Melody Grace and J.A. Huss
12 books each


Jennifer L. Armentrout and Christina Lauren
8 books each


I did some pretty awesome stuff this year and got to team up with some pretty incredible people. I was named to both Cora Carmack's and J.A. Huss' street teams and can say with absolute certainty that having the chance to work with these amazing authors and the other bloggers who are as passionate about their books as I am has been the experience of a lifetime.


Once again I attended BEA in New York City in May, and it was both a better and a worse experience than it was the first time I went in 2013. Those that were there know why it was worse. But, it was definitely better because I met a lot more awesome people, starting with Val from Stuck In Books. I got to have dessert with Cora Carmack and KP Simmons from InkSlinger PR and I got some one-on-one time with Julie Kagawa and Jennifer Armentrout. Seriously - how lucky and blessed am I?


So, what will 2015 hold? The only thing I know for sure is that it will include more books, more time spent with bookish friends, and more opportunities to hang out with amazing writers. Sometimes, I really LOVE being me. Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, I just might steal this idea from you! I was thinking about a year in review, but then I got totally overwhelmed at the prospect. This might be the easy button I was looking for. :)

Happy New Year!