December 24, 2012
Top 10 Best Books I've Read in 2012
I love this time of year when all we book bloggers take a look back at everything we've read and attempt the near impossible task of whittling them down to our most favorites in several categories. It's so much fun checking out everyone's choices, and this year I get to add my own to the mix.
The Top 10 of 2012 week is organized and brought to you by co-hosts Rachel from Fiktshun, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.
Today, we start things off by looking at my picks for Top 10 Best Books I Read in 2012.
10. Cursed, by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Jennifer L. Armentrout's first stand-alone book was a really emotional and inspiring read.
9. Lover Mine, by J. R. Ward - although published in 2010, I read this in 2012 along with the rest of the BDB books. But this one about John Matthew was my favorite.
8. The Golden Lily, by Richelle Mead - The second in the Bloodlines series, the Vampire Academy spin-off, made me like Sydney a lot more. And, made me love Adrian A LOT more.
7. Twice Bitten, by Chloe Neill - The third Chicagoland Vampires book gave us one step forward and two steps backwards in Ethan's and Merit's relationship. And what a fantastic ride it was.
6. Obsidian, by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Two words is all I need - Daemon. Black. 'Nuff said.
5. Until I Die, by Amy Plum - The Revenants series was something new and truly unique to me. This second book in the series was so exciting and left me hanging at the end.
4. Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi - Tahereh Mafi is an amazing writer, as evidenced in the unique style that she used in Shatter Me. She had me feeling so much for all the characters - good and bad. What a fantastic book.
3. The Immortal Rules, by Julie Kagawa - I was nervous to read this book because it was so different from the Iron Fey series, which is one of my favorites by Ms. Kagawa. My fears were totally unfounded, as the first book in this totally new series was amazing.
2. Deity, by Jennifer L. Armentrout - This is the third book in the Covenant series, and it was beyond incredible. There was so much action and excitement and heartbreak and intrigue. And, Aiden - oh my swoon. His love for Alex and his actions kept me glued to this book long after bedtime.
1. The Crimson Crown, by Cinda Williams Chima - This book wrapped up my favorite high fantasy series. As sad as I am to see it all end, it was wonderfully satisfying to see the characters I had grown to love (and hate, some of them) realize their destinies and fulfill them. It was a wonderful ending to an amazing series.
Labels: Top 10