December 27, 2012
Top 10 Best Book Boyfriends of 2012
I love this time of year when all we book bloggers take a look back at everything we've read and attempt the near impossible task of whittling them down to our most favorites in several categories. It's so much fun checking out everyone's choices, and this year I get to add my own to the mix.
The Top 10 of 2012 week is organized and brought to you by co-hosts Rachel from Fiktshun, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.
Today is one of my favorite lists of the week, and was one of the hardest to narrow down. Let's take a closer look at some hotties, shall we?
10. Logan Quinn, Mythos Academy Series (by Jennifer Estep) - Logan is the school bad boy - tough, hot, the school's male slut. Yet, Gwen thaws his heart eventually anyway. They save each others' lives both literally and figuratively.
9. Charles Cornick, Alpha & Omega Series (by Patricia Briggs) - Charles is an assassin werewolf and has been for more than a hundred years. He thought he was too far gone for anyone to love him. Then he met Anna and now he uses his skills to protect her at all costs.
8. Adam Kent, Shatter Me (by Tahereh Mafi) - Juliette made such an impression on Adam when they were only 14 that he sought her out years later in an attempt to save her from something that he knew would destroy her. He risks everything for her and for the chance to be with her.
7. Ethan Sullivan, Chicagoland Vampires Series (by Chloe Neill) - Ethan is the anti-boyfriend. He's narcissistic, cranky, and hot-headed. Yet, Merit still manages to get under his skin. Ethan is loathe to bring his feelings to light, for fear of being seen weak, but in a few moments of clarity, he demonstrates how wonderful he can be.
6. Han Alister, The Seven Realms Series (by Cinda Williams Chima) - Han is a nobody who falls in love with a princess. It's a story that's been told a million times before, and one I never get tired of. He goes to the end of the world to improve his station just so he can have a shot at marrying her someday. That kind of love is the stuff of fairy tales.
5. The Merrick Brothers, The Elemental Series (by Brigid Kemmerer) - All four Merrick brothers earn a spot here. Michael, Nick, Gabriel and Chris are all such great guys. They had a rough past and a hard time dealing with their abilities. But, when the right girls come their way, they change and come alive.
4. Adrian Ivashkov, The Bloodlines Series (by Richelle Mead) - Oh Adrian. After getting his heart broken in the Vampire Academy series, Adrian dons his goofy, party boy exterior once again and sets out for greener pastures. But, he meets his match in Sydney. She makes him believe in love again. And, Adrian in love is something to behold.
3. Daemon Black, The Lux Series (by Jennifer L. Armentrout) - Daemon is less than human and more than amazing. Although he was cold and mean to Katy at first, their shared experiences and her uncanny ability to wind up in need of saving draw him to her and cause him to change his outlook on everything.
2. The Brothers, The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (by J. R. Ward) - Every one of the seven Black Dagger Brothers (Wrath, Rhage, Zsadist, Phury, Vishous, Butch, and John Matthew) is the thing of every girl's dream. They are big, beautiful and wicked strong. And, once they decide they want a particular girl, they will give anything, do anything for her.
1. Aiden St. Delphi, The Covenant Series (by Jennifer L. Armentrout) - Aiden starts out as Alex's instructor and sometime protector. He believes in her and thinks she's the strongest person he ever met. He tries to keep her safe by denying his feelings and staying away. But, love like his can't be denied forever. And, finally, he is doing all he can to try and find a way to be with the girl of his dreams.
Labels: Top 10