March 22, 2012

Finally Some Memes

Although I'm new to writing a blog, I'm certainly not a newbie when it comes to reading them. I've been checking out interior design, photography, canning and book reading blogs for, what seems like, years. Many blogs use "meme"s as a way to bring the blogging community together and share thoughts on a common subject. Since I just started my blog a few months ago, I've focused entirely on my book reviews as a way to get my blogging bearings. But, I realize that if I want my blog following to grow beyond 2 people, I need to get my name out there. Doing some memes is a good way to do that.

So, to that end, I'm looking to two very popular book bloggers:  The Story Siren and Breaking the Spine.

Kristi at The Story Siren started In My Mailbox as a way to highlight all the books she got her hands on in the past week, whether it be by purchasing, borrowing, or winning them. I intend to do my IMM posts on Fridays. Check out The Story Siren on Sundays to see links to all the book blogs that participate in IMM.

Jill at Breaking the Spine started Waiting on Wednesday to talk about the books she was most looking forward to reading, but hadn't come out yet. Lord knows I have a lot of books that I'm looking forward to being published in the coming months of 2012.

So, stay tuned!

No comments: