September 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Underrated Authors from my "Read" List

I couldn't narrow down this list to books from one specific genre. So, there's a little bit of everything here - YA, NA, adult, paranormal, urban fantasy... I'm an eclectic reader, and this list reflects that.

1. Lisa Tawn Bergren - Many people discount Lisa because she is a "Christian author." Do me a favor and read Waterfall (River of Time #1), and tell me when you get to the end if you thought of her with that label even once.

2. Brigid Kemmerer - With every book released in Brigid's Elemental series, a few more people learn of her awesomeness. This series is packed with so much emotion and action and romance. I wish everyone knew about her.

3. JA Huss - JA Huss does a little bit of everything. She has a YA sci-fi series (I Am Just Junco). But, I've never read it. I'm a HUGE fan of her new adult and adult series though. Her writing is absolutely incredible. Why has one of the Big Six not picked her up yet?!

4. Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Author of The Naturals series, Jennifer Lynn Barnes has an amazing mind. The first two books in this series have completely captivated me with all their twists, turns and crime/mystery goodness. Everyone needs to check out Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

5. Stacia Kane - Stacia Kane writes the Downside Ghosts series, a very raw, gritty and dark urban fantasy series. This series... I just love it so much. I want everyone to give it a try. Get past the Downside lingo - there is something truly unique and special here.

6. Melody Grace - Once again, I'm wondering why a publisher hasn't knocked down Melody Grace's doors to get at her new adult Beachwood Bay series. It's one of my favorites. If you're a new adult fan, you really need to give this author a try.

7. Molly Harper - If you want to laugh, you NEED to read Molly Harper. I've read two of her series so far - her Naked Werewolf series and her Jane Jameson series. Both are paranormal romance, and both are funny as hell.

8.  Courtney Cole - Courtney Cole had me hooked on her Beautifully Broken series from book one. Her characters are gorgeous and flawed and utterly redeemable. Their problems are big, but so are the solutions. I always get completely lost in the books in this series.

9. Sawyer Bennett - I first got to know Sawyer Bennett's writing when I read her new adult Off series. Now, she's delving into the sexier side of things with a few new adult series. I, personally, am completely in love with her new Last Call series. You should give it a try.

10. Susan Ee - Have you read Angelfall yet? Holy crap - why not?? It's completely amazing and SO not what I usually love. So, that should tell you how amazing her writing and storytelling ability is.

4 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Nice! I read Stacia Kane as well! Loved her demon trilogy or whatever it was called...been too long! I read the Downside books for awhile but then it got to the point where I wasn't enjoying them so much, so I stopped. I love Susan Ee though! DYING for the third book in the series!!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

LRAtRandom said...

I'm especially excited to see #'s 2, 4, 7, and 10 on your list :-D

Tracy said...

I haven't read any of these authors! I've had Angelfall on my list for quite some time, but I haven't gotten around to it for some reason. Thanks for sharing! :)

Here are my Top Ten!

michellesminions said...

Jenny Lynn Barnes is AMAZING. I need to check out the rest of the authors on your list, especially Susan Ee since about 100 people have told me to read her books. Great list!

Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

My TTT