May 22, 2018

RELEASE DAY REVIEW: Fighting for Everything (Warrior Fight Club #1)


Fighting for Everything (Warrior Fight Club #1), by Laura Kaye
Publish Date:
May 22, 2018
Publisher: self-published
Format: e-ARC, provided by the author
Genre: adult contemporary romance
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rating: 4.5 STARS


(Synopsis) Loving her is the biggest fight of his life…


Home from the Marines, Noah Cortez has a secret he doesn’t want his oldest friend, Kristina Moore, to know. It kills him to push her away, especially when he’s noticing just how sexy and confident she’s become in his absence. But, angry and full of fight, he’s not the same man anymore either. Which is why Warrior Fight Club sounds so good.


Kristina loves teaching, but she wants more out of life. She wants Noah—the boy she’s crushed on and waited for. Except Noah is all man now—in ways both oh so good and troubling, too. Still, she wants who he’s become—every war-hardened inch. And when they finally stop fighting their attraction, it’s everything Kristina never dared hope for.


But Noah is secretly spiraling, and when he lashes out, it threatens what he and Kristina have found. The brotherhood of the fight club helps him confront his demons, but only Noah can convince the woman he loves that he’s finally ready to fight for everything.

What an outstanding start to a new series by one of my favorite authors...

Noah is a veteran who has come home not quite whole. His time served has left him with a loss of hearing, sight and equilibrium, along with a boat load of PTSD. Noah is approaching rock bottom, and rock bottom is a dark and dangerous place for him to be.

His only light is his best friend Kristina. They've been friends since they were kids, but since Noah has come home, he doesn't want to taint her with his darkness, so he's trying to shut her out and protect her from what he's become. But, Kris is not a fair weather friend, and she's determined to help him in any way she can.

Like most friends-to-lovers stories, once things turn physical between Noah and Kris, there's a lot of stop and start between them as they try and decide whether continuing their relationship in that way would damage the solid foundation on which their friendship is built. In this case, the struggle is particularly difficult for Noah because, in addition to worrying about hurting the best relationship with a girl he's ever had, he also doesn't see himself as worthy of Kris' love and attention.

Out of all the books I've read by Laura Kaye (and there's a lot of them), Fighting for Everything was, by far, the most emotional. Noah's demons are very real and incredibly heartbreaking. He's a hero who sees himself as a failure. He's worthy of so much love from so many people, and the fact that he doesn't see that made me want to yell at him and hug the crap out of him all at the same time. I was reduced to tears more than once while reading this book.

I expected more of this book to be about the Warrior Fight Club, but in actuality, the Club was only introduced around 60% in to the book. Initially, I found that to be strange, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Fighting for Everything was a book that set the backstory for the rest of the series. Noah gave us a perfect example of someone who desperately needed the kind of therapy offered by the WFC. I would imagine that the other people in the Club would have similar reasons for being there. And, despite our limited time spent in the Club, we did get to meet other members and see the kernels of their stories taking seed.

Laura Kaye is doing all the right things with Fighting for Everything. She brings attention and sensitivity to a very real problem concerning our veterans, but still manages to weave in her stellar storytelling and super hot sexy scenes. I'm really excited to get the stories of the other members of the WFC and to spend more time there now that the setting has been established. This is going to be a great series.

6 comments:

Rahmat said...

test

Nino Nurmadi , S.Kom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nino Nurmadi , S.Kom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Are you struggling to get your lover back? Do you want your lover back in your life? Win your ex-boyfriend, ex-girl friend, ex-husband, ex-wife back and keep them permanently. ” Dr.unity is a true and real Psychics He brought back my ex husband.
My husband left me for another woman, This was just 2 years of our marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second baby. I wanted him back. I did everything within my reach to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back , I had no choice than to try it. I messaged the spell caster called dr unity, and he assured me there was no problem and that everything will be okay before 11 hours. He cast the spell and surprisingly 11 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened He wanted me to return to him. He also said he loved me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again.thanks to dr unity . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Unity for help now..Here his contact, WhatsApp him: +2348055361568 {or} Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,his website:https://unityspells.blogspot.com .

Jason Bennett said...

Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

SIMON PATCHIN said...

How To Get Your Ex Lover/Partner/Boyfriend/Girlfriend/Wife Or Husband Back

I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to Lord Zakuza for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with Lord Zakuza my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family. I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what Lord Zakuza did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can communicate with LORD ZAKUZA through the below informations.

Website via: lordzakuzaspells.com
WhatsApp/call/text: +1 740 573 9483
Email: Lordzakuza7 @gmail. com