October 18, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Eight Characters I'd Name a Pet After

1. Salem from Jay Crownover's Rowdy - What a great name for a cat. Right??

2. Nyx from Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series - Nyx is the Greek goddess of night. What a perfect name for a black cat or dog. 

3. Rix from Meghan March's Beneath These Lies - I think I like names ending in 'x'. 

4. Tinker from Joanna Wylde's Reaper's Fire - The biker names from Joanna Wylde's Reaper's MC series are perfect for pets. And, as it turns out, so are their old ladies' names. 

5. Calla from J.D. Tyler's Wolf's Fall - I've always loved naming pets after flowers. 

6. Katniss from Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games Trilogy - I've seen several people who think this is the perfect name for a kitty. 

7. Kestrel from Marie Rutkoski's The Winner's Trilogy - I love the idea of naming a pet after a bird of prey.

8. Dare from Laura Kaye's Ride Hard - If I got brother and sister dogs or cats, I always thought it would be fun to name one Truth and the other one Dare. 

6 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Would love to name a cat Salem!! Though it wouldn't be the same if he didn't talk snark to me! LOL! Nyx is another great pet name too!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Greg said...

Katniss and Kestrel are both great, and I kinda like Rix too!

Giovanna said...

Nyx would be a great name for a cat! Too bad I'm Allergic... :(
Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

iloveheartlandX said...

Katniss is pretty much the perfect name for a cat!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/10/18/top-ten-tuesday-79/

The Graveyard Rose said...

Nyx would be an awesome black cat name
My ttt
http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2016/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-characters-you.html

Girl About Library said...

Totally agree, Katniss is a great name for a cat. I haven't read Rowdy, but I love the idea of Salem for a cat as well!