August 30, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday
The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
So, this week is a "back-to-school freebie" week. Basically, we pick any category that has something to do with school. So, my list is...
Top 10 Favorite Books/Series Set in a School
1. Harry Potter Series, by J.K. Rowling/Hogwarts - This list would not be complete without the school to beat all schools - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I love this series. My 10-year-old daughter loves this series. It will forever be one of the best series set in a school of all time.
2. Vampire Academy Series, by Richelle Mead/St. Vladimir's - Vampire Academy has got to be one of my most loved YA PNR ever. Dimitri is the hottest, most badass teacher ever. Pretty sure Rose agrees with me.
3. The Covenant Series, by Jennifer Armentrout/The Covenant - To this day, Aiden St. Delphi remains the book boyfriend at the top of my very long list. And Jennifer Armentrout's Covenant series (and now the Titans spin-off) remains the one series I've read more times than any other.
4. Misconduct, by Penelope Douglas/Braddock Autenberry - Shifting gears a bit, not only is Misconduct an adult contemporary romance book, but it's a standalone. Much to my disappointment - Easton and Tyler were so incredibly yummy together. And I loved Easton's teaching methods - I wish she had been my teacher.
5. The Rusk University Series, by Cora Carmack/Rusk University - I have so much love for this series that centers around a college football team. It marries some of my most favorite things - a sports theme, strong but awkward girls, and a sexy new adult vibe.
6. The Off-Campus Series, by Elle Kennedy/Briar University - In keeping with the sports-themed books, Elle Kennedy's Off-Campus series might be one of my favorites. Which is weird, because ice hockey is not a sport I care even a whit about. But these books - and the boys in them - are SO good.
7. The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series, by Rick Riordan/Camp Half-Blood - So, this might be cheating just a smudge, as Camp Half-Blood isn't quite a school. But, it does offer instruction to demigods on how to do... well, demigod stuff. This middle-grade series is so incredibly entertaining
8. P.S. I Like You, by Kasie West/Some un-named high school in Arizona - I haven't thoroughly enjoyed a book more in recent months than P.S. I Like You. It was so sweet and adorable and engaging. It's the perfect example of a YA book that I think anyone of any age would love.
9. Slammed, my Colleen Hoover/a high school in Michigan - I don't even like poetry much, and Slammed pretty much owned me. It was my first CoHo book ever, so it was the first time (and definitely not the last time) she brought me to tears. So, it takes a special place in my heart.
10. The Bowler University Series, by Megan Erickson/Bowler University - Make it Count highlighted how sexy it can be to be a nerd. And it was the book to launch a dozen more favorites for me by this author.
Labels: Top Ten Tuesday