December 16, 2015

REVIEW: Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy #1)




Dirty Billionaire (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy #1), by Meghan March
Publish Date:
December 8, 2015
Publisher: self-published
Format: e-ARC, provided by the author
Genre: adult contemporary romance
To Buy: Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Rating: 5 STARS


(Synopsis) I've got a big dick and an even bigger bank account. That's pretty much where my bio ends. Honestly, I don't need to say anything else. I've just sold 99% of women on going home with me.

Do I sound like an asshole to you?


That's because I am.


And guess what? It works for me just fine.


Or at least it did.


Until I met her.


Books talk about sparks flying. Fuck that shit. With her, it was like emergency flares mixed with jet fuel. Or maybe just straight up napalm.


Only one problem.


She didn't leave her name or number when she disappeared from the hotel room after the hottest fucking night of my life. Now I've had a taste of unicorn pussy—the sweetest, rarest of all pussy—and I need it again.


So what's an asshole to do?


I took this problem to the street. A missed connection gone viral.


And when I find her? I'm keeping her.

Dirty Billionaire was an exceptional beginning to this trilogy about a very unlikely pairing of two people who needed each other for different reasons. I definitely think they need each other, but not for the reasons that they think. 

Creighton Karas is a billionaire that is surrounded by people, and yet is still lonely. On Christmas Eve, he decides to seek solace in a one-night stand that he picks up in a hotel bar. He assumed that the woman he chose would be hot, yet vapid. He didn't count on running into a beautiful young woman who looked nothing like his usual conquests. 

Holly Wix won a recording contract in a televised country singing competition. All her dreams should be coming true, except her label has shackled her with a washed up country star who can't keep it in his pants. As low woman on the totem pole, her options are limited, so she's forced to have the public think she's dating this womanizing loser. Intent on drowning her sorrows in her beer on Christmas Eve, she wasn't opposed to taking a man to her room, but she was definitely not counting on Creighton Karas.

Initially, I was afraid that Holly would be a doormat when it came to Creighton, and I didn't want that for her. I felt so badly for the situation in which she found herself with her record label - mostly because she couldn't take charge of the situation. They had her by the lady balls, and that sucked so much. So, at least in one area of her life, I wanted to see her be in charge, and thankfully even Creighton's beautiful body and billions of dollars didn't compromise who Holly was. 

I liked that Creighton realized right away that Holly was very different from who he was used to. I also loved how he sought her out after waking up alone and realizing he didn't even get her name. The man is determined and resourceful, I'll give him that. And, once they find each other again, they realize that they can help each other out. Their relationship can be mutually beneficial, and I'm not talking about just between the sheets. But, seriously - what an added bonus. Because Creighton very clearly knows what he's doing in that area. 

Major props to Holly as she tries desperately to keep her head on straight in the face of the tornado that is Creighton Karas. He is so used to handling everyone and everything that it's hard for him to step back and give Holly some space. And this is something she desperately needs in order to feel like she's in charge of her life and career. It's something that takes some couples years to master, and they are only together a few weeks before things start to crumble to bits. 

Dirty Billionaire ends on a bit of a cliffhanger. But, it's okay since book 2 in the trilogy comes out on December 29. It's a pretty short read - I finished it in a few hours. But, I enjoyed it immensely and can't wait to see what happens next between this simple country girl and rich city boy. 

No comments: