June 24, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Top Ten Seven Book Cover Trends I Like/Dislike

1. Chesty Men - LIKE... DUH.



2. Sexy Couples - DISLIKE... Too gratuitous



3. Green Covers - LIKE... Lots of green out there for the rest of 2014. Very pretty.



4. Icons on Sexy Books - LIKE... How very 50 Shades, but at least I can read them around my kids.



5. Only Half a Head - LIKE... It might seem weird, but since eyes are the window to the soul, I like when I can't see eyes on a cover. It adds intrigue and mystery.



6. Underwater Covers - LIKE... I love underwater covers. They're so ethereal and a little creepy.



7. Super-cool Typography - LIKE... Covers with interesting typography grab my attention on the shelf. Which, I'm pretty sure is the ultimate goal.



2 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Haha! It's funny you wrote you love the chesty men, I kind of put it in dislike when they aren't "showcased" nicely. Meaning when the guy is just posing to show off his chest and there's nothing else there. It's just annoying to me for some reason! lol!

Here's my Tuesday Post

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Danni Mae said...

I LOVE this! I've never seen a list like this on a book blog before. Following you on Feedly now, I hope you post more things like this!