Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon
Taut: The Ford Book, by J.A. Huss - At first glance, you wouldn't think someone as abrasive and offensive as Ford Aston could make you swoon. But, give him the right girl, a little time and a sweet baby, and I promise you, you will see why jelly legs come standard with this book.
“We've got our whole lives to get it right and be together. I'll grow old with you, Ashleigh. We'll do this together.”
2. Pulse (Collide #2), by Gail McHugh - As frustrating as Emily was in Collide (Collide #1), Gavin was equally as incredible in Pulse. He somehow always says and does the right things. And, he's rich, gorgeous and protective of what's his.
“I want to break the rules with you. Kiss you passionately every day. Make you smile when you’re about to cry. I want no regrets with us. I want us to laugh together until we can’t breathe and it hurts. No man will ever love you the way I’m going to love you, Emily. You’re it. My last. My forever.”
3. Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street #3), by Samantha Young - Nick and Olivia seemed to have it all. They were besties and then they fell in love. Then, as it happens so many times in books like these, Nick's head gets in the way and messes things up. When he realizes his mistake, the lengths he goes to to prove his love to Liv is impressive.
“You're not ready to hear this yet," he concluded. "But I do need you to know that I'm going to fight for you. I'm not making the mistake of walking away from you again. The only man in your future is me, Liv. The only kids in your future are mine.”
4. Deity (Covenant #3), by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Aiden St. Delphi has topped my list of favorite book boyfriends for a few years now. Deity is my favorite book in his Covenant series because it is in this book that he finally makes his feelings about Alex known. No matter if he's speaking English or Greek, everything that comes out of his mouth absolutely makes my heart melt.
“I can’t keep pretending that I don’t want this – that I don’t want you. I can’t. Not after what happened to you. It thought… I thought I’d lost you, Alex, forever. And I would’ve lost everything. You are my everything.”
5. Sweet Peril (Sweet Evil #2), by Wendy Higgins - Kai is the ultimate bad boy. He's in a band. He's British. He's the son of a demon. And, yet, Anna manages to tame him. Somehow, because of who he is, when Kai professes his love to Anna, it is so much sweeter (pun intended).
“I love you," I whispered.
"I've loved you longer," he said.
6. Origin (Lux #4), by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Daemon spent so long fronting when it came to his feelings about Katy. For three books, he withheld the L- word. He made up for lost time in Origin. When I wasn't cringing, I was most definitely swooning. Origin gave me a huge case of the sighs.
“I want to marry you because I'm in love with you, Kat. I will always be in love with you. That's not going to change today or two weeks from now. I will be just as in love with you in twenty years as I am today.”
7. This Girl (Slammed #3), by Colleen Hoover - As if you didn't already know how incredible Will Cooper was, reading the recap of both Slammed and Point of Retreat from his POV will make you weak in the knees. He loved Layken so much nearly from the very beginning. Everything they went through to get to their HEA makes for the most amazing love story.
“She deserves to be kissed by someone who loves her. Someone who spends every waking moment trying to do everything right by her. Someone who would rather die than see her hurt. She doesn't deserve to be kissed by anyone other than me.”
8. Losing It (Losing It #1), by Cora Carmack - Garrick was awesomely amazing. He's protective and jealous and sweet. He takes care of Bliss when she's sick. He is patient with her. And, he loves cats. Oh - and, he reads Shakespeare in bars If that isn't swoon-worthy, I don't know what is.
“I’ll remind you every day how amazing it feels when your body touches mine. I’ll remind you of the good times, and help you forget the bad. I’ll remind you who you are when life has beaten you down and made you doubt it. I’ll bust down your door in the middle of the night and kiss you until you remember that your fears are just that, and they can’t control you. I’ll take my chances against your fickle heart if it means it’s mine.”
“Blood of my Blood," he whispered, "and bone of my bone. You carry me within ye, Claire, and ye canna leave me now, no matter what happens. You are mine, always, if ye will it or no, if ye want me or nay. Mine, and I wilna let ye go.”
10. Forever Too Far (Too Far #3), by Abbi Glines - That wedding! The baby!! OMG - there was SO MUCH to swoon over in this book. Rush was amazing, and his words and actions all backed up the fact that he loves Blaire more than anyone else on Earth.
“What changed you? You’re so completely different than that guy I met back in June,” I said, smiling at his confused face.
Rush reached out and slipped his hand into my hair and tangled his fingers around the strands. “This sweet, determined, sexy-as-hell blonde walked into my life and gave me a reason to live.”