Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In
2. Anywhere in The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - The vampires in The Coldest Girl in Coldtown scared the socks off me (Gavriel notwithstanding). And, I usually think they're pretty hot! The world in this book is cold and dark and really sad. It doesn't really seem like a fun place to be.
3. Panem in The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins - Sorta self-explanatory, right? As a mom, just the thought of ever having to put my kids through a reaping makes me want to throw up.
4. San Francisco in the Penryn And The End Of Days Series by Susan Ee - In any other series, angels coming to Earth is a good thing. Not so in Angelfall by Susan Ee. Angels have destroyed civilization as we know it. People scavenge for food during the day and hope like hell they aren't killed or carted off at night. Not unless I have Raffe (*sigh*) keeping me safe, would I ever want to find myself in this world.
5. Atlanta in The Demon Trapper's Daughter Series by Jana Oliver - This series takes place in 2018 - only four short years from now. In Jana Oliver's world, during that time, inflation skyrockets, which forces much of the population into poverty. Gas is 10 bucks a gallon, businesses have been shuttered and demons run rampant through the city.
6. Internment in Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano - While Internment doesn't seem all bad on the surface, it doesn't take much scratching before that surface gets badly tarnished. Living in an oppressive society where you aren't free to marry whom you want or be what you want or go where you want is bad enough. When that society is only a few square miles and hung in the sky so there's no way to escape, EVER - so much worse.
7. Baltimore in the Shade Series by Jeri Smith-Ready - Ghosts are creepy. I would hate it if I could see them everywhere. Especially if they were ghosts of people I knew and loved. Imagine not ever getting closure after a death. It's not something I'd ever want to experience. Even if I did have Zachary Moore by my side.
8. West Virginia in the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Aliens are awesome. Especially when they look like Daemon Black. But, despite that, I wouldn't want to live in a world where the government acted in the ways they do to manipulate and exterminate a race of people who do no more harm than the humans.
9. Texas in the Reboot Series by Amy Tintera - When I die, I expect that to be the end for me. I don't really want to be reanimated in any way. Zombie Krista wouldn't be pretty. Can you imagine being afraid to die - not because you don't know what's beyond, but because you might wake up again and be this ghost of your former self? I think being afraid of dying would prevent me from really living.
10. Cincinnati in The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison - Killer tomatoes? What???