Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
To be honest, there aren't many series that I've completed (I know, I know - another problem entirely), and of those that I have completed, I've largely been satisfied with the endings. So, I'm splitting my list. First are my top five disappointing series enders. Next are the top five upcoming series enders that I hope will NOT be disappointing. A lot of my favorite series are ending soon, and I'm already nervous about some of them!
2. Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13) - I have to come clean on this one. I didn't actually read it in its entirety. The books in this series haven't captured me for a long time. Sookie started out strong and interesting and ended up wimpy and slutty. Eric used to be scary and alpha. He ended up whipped and boring. And Bill? I've always been on Team Bill, and when I saw where Sookie ended up after skipping to the end, irritated didn't even come close to covering it.
3. Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) - For such a massive book, not a whole helluvalot happened in Breaking Dawn. Besides that, we had been building up to a huge confrontation with the Volturi for such a long time. So, they show up, talk a little bit, then say, "Oh, sorry. Our mistake. See ya later alligator." And turn around and leave. Really? REALLY?? No battle? No death to the bad guys? *yawn*
4. Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) - I had so many problems with Mockingjay, I don't even know where to begin. Katniss was not the same person we all fell in love with. She was mopey and angsty and made decisions totally not in character with what we knew about her. And that epilogue was downright depressing. It felt like she had just given up and was leading the life she was expected to lead instead of the life she really wanted. Katniss fell very far from the pedestal on which I had set her.
5. Spellbound (Hex Hall #3) - I really loved the first two books in the Hex Hall series and was looking forward to seeing how it all turned out. There were so many cool things that COULD have happened. The set up for the trip to hell was awesome! And, we end up spending a few pages there. That's it. And don't get me started on the resolution of the love triangle. No spoilers, but UGH. I hated it.
Top Five Series Enders That I Hope WON'T Be Disappointing
1. Allegiant (Divergent #3) - I LOVED Divergent. And then I thought Insurgent was okay. And really confusing at the end. This is going to be a big book. A lot of loose ends need tied up. And Tris and Four need to find their HEA.
2. Up From The Grave (Night Huntress #7) - This is, quite possibly, my favorite series of all time. And it's coming to an end in January. I'm so sad. I want Jeaniene Frost to give Cat and Bones the send-off they deserve. I want it to be EPIC.
3. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) - 99% of my nervousness
regarding Ignite Me is due to the resolution of the love triangle. I hate love triangles so much - they make me all angsty. This is one of the worst. I'm so scared that Juliette will end up with the wrong guy (which would be Warner). #TeamAdam
4. The One (The Selection #3) - Same deal as #3. America's got a choice to make - Aspen (no!) or Maxon (YES!). On top of that, she's got competition, for Maxon at least. I'm already stressed out just thinking about it.
5. City of Heavenly Fire (Mortal Instruments #6) - This will be the end of Jace's and Clary's story. I so want it to be done right. After the third book in the series, the series hasn't gripped me. This is the final chance. I expect a major final battle, some main character deaths and a fulfilling HEA. That's a tall order to fill.