Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
Top Ten Best Sequels
Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2), by Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me was really excellent. Thankfully, Unravel me was too. Tahereh Mafi doesn't know the meaning of the words "sophomore slump."
2. Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2), by Suzanne Collins
Hunger Games was an absolutely incredible book, and although Catching Fire wasn't quite as good, it was still a fantastic book in its own right.
3. Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2), by Veronica Rossi
As with most dystopians, there's a lot of backstory to be told in the first book. Once that's all out of the way, it's all story and characters. And Perry, Roar and Aria are some of my most favorite characters ever.
4. Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3), by Cassandra Clare
In my opinion, this is one of the best series enders EVER. Loose ends were tied up, twists and turns abounded, and the most most epic love story ever was at the core.
5. Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood #3), by J.R. Ward
Dark Lover was really good. Wrath is really hot. Beth is an awesome heroine. But, Zsadist's and Bella's -
their story was the best of them all.
6. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2), by Sarah J. Maas
I really loved Throne of Glass. Celaena Sardothian is my kind of bad ass assassin. But, sadly, in book one, there weren't many... well, assassinations. That problem was rectified in Crown of Midnight - in a big way.
7. Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson #5), by Darynda Jones
How weird is it that I thought the fifth - THE FIFTH - book in this series is actually the best? Usually by this time, the story and characters have started getting stale. Not so here - Charley, Cookie and Reyes are at their best.
8. Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires #3), by Chloe Neill
The third book in this series remains my absolute favorite. Why? The presence of one Gabriel Keene, a super hot werewolf, and the resolution of some of the ridiculously off the charts sexual tension between Merit and Ethan. Ahhhh.....
9. Spirit (Elemental #3), by Brigid Kemmerer
With each book in the Elemental series, the suspense, the intrigue, the intense feels all are ramped up more and more. By the time you get to Spirit, you're laughing out loud in public and crying real buckets of tears.
10. Faking It (Losing It #2), by Cora Carmack
Losing It was amazing - I absolutely loved Garrick. But, there was something about Cade and Max that really got me.