July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This is one meme I can get on board with - I LOVE lists! I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Sorry - it's been a really busy week, and I'm totally pooped. Short list this week, kiddies. 

Top Ten Seven Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

1. Chloe Neill - Chloe Neill is the author of one of my favorite series, Chicagoland Vampires. It seems like everyone should know all about her, but I'm amazed at how many people have never heard of this awesome series, Chloe or her Dark Elite series (YA). She certainly deserves more recognition - her writing style is captivating, her characters compelling and her series is one of the best I've ever read.

2. Darynda Jones - Darynda Jones authors the Charley Davidson series about a twenty-something private investigator who also happens to be the grim reaper. This series is fantastic and hilarious, and definitely deserves more attention and praise. Cuz, it's frikkin' awesome.

3. Sawyer Bennett - Sawyer Bennett is an author I've only recently discovered as I've gotten more into the new adult genre. And she is a busy lady, having published or planned to publish 7 books in 2013. Four of those books are part of her Off Series, which I love SO much. I hope 2014 is as good to her as this year has been. She deserves it.

4. Brigid Kemmerer - I've been a huge fan of Brigid Kemmerer's since I met her at a signing last summer. At the time, I had only read the first novella in her YA Elemental series. Now, I've read everything she's published to date, and nearly every book has garnered 5 stars from me. More people need to read this fine lady's work. It is so good.

5. R. L. LaFevers - I had never heard of R. L. LaFevers until I read Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) earlier this year. And, then I read Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) and I was completely sold on this author. This is a grand, sweeping paranormal series and LaFevers is an incredible author. And, if you've never read this series, you've probably never heard of R. L. LaFevers since she's only written middle grade books besides. So, you REALLY need to check this series out.

6. Courtney Cole - Courtney Cole has written a lot of things, but her new adult novel, If You Stay (Beautifully Broken #1) has finally put her on the map. If you don't read new adult, you may not know Ms. Cole. But, her description of some of the awful results of substance abuse was incredibly compelling. Even if new adult isn't your thing, give this one a try. It was impactful.

7.  Amy Tintera - Amy's debut novel, Reboot, hit the shelves in May, and I absolutely loved it. I sincerely hope she receives the recognition she deserves and that that attention keeps her going, because I will read whatever she writes.

6 comments:

Erica (The Reading Kitten) said...

Great list! I put Brigid on mine as well. :)

Unknown said...

Oh great list Krista! I love Sawyer, Courtney, and R.L.! And I think all the others are already on my TBR!

My TTT

Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

elena said...

I thought about putting Brigid on my list and I really need to read Reboot!

Unknown said...

Great top ten! I really want to read Reboot, I heard so many great things about it:)

My TTT:
http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-7.html

Krista said...

I definitely never hear about Chloe's YA series. That's another one that I need to look into.

Lark @ The Bookwyrm's Hoard said...

Another list full of authors I've not read! I've heard of several, at least, and have a few on my TBR list: LaFevers, and I think Kemmerer and Darynda Jones.