February 7, 2012

Book #13 - City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3)






City of Glass (Mortal Instruments #3), Cassandra Clare
541 pages
Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance
Started 2/1/12
Finished 2/3/12
5 STARS

This was an incredibly satisfying book, which is a nice change of pace. I dunno - all the teen romancy stuff I've been reading lately is so angsty and emotional. Not that this isn't, but at least it's brought to a good end.

Jace and Clary FINALLY get confirmation that they are, in fact, NOT in an incestuous relationship. *whew* Of course, I knew that, but it was fun reading when the characters found out too. Very... satisfying.

Although the final dispatching of the big baddie, Valentine, was definitely a good thing, it was over rather quickly. I kinda thought there'd be an epic battle between he and Jace or he and Clary or he and both of them. And, that's not really what happened. One blow is all it took to bring him down. It was one heck of a blow, don't get me wrong. But still.

I read somewhere that originally, this was supposed to be the last book in the series. It was set up beautifully for that, too. But, Clare was not satisfied with some of the few loose ends left and decided to continue the story. Although I've loved these books, sometimes you have to know when to quit. 

No comments: